Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
The private pilot licence you can do as a licence on its own , or if you want to do the Commercial Licence, it will serve as the building blocks of the
commercial pilot development.
The licence allows the qualified pilot to fly in fair weather conditions under visual flight rules within South-Africa and across borders.
Training flights are done on type certified aircraft and after completion of this course, pilots may convert to different types of aircraft even multi-engines.
Firstly,you will need a student pilots licence, you need to be at least 16 years of age to obtain one and may test for the actual licence once you turn 17.
- Holder of a Student Pilot License (SPL)
- Holder of a Class 2 Medical certificate
- Fluency in English
- 45 hrs total flight instruction training
- 30 hrs will be dual flight training
- 10 hrs solo flight training
- 5 hrs solo cross country training
The subjects are:
- Principles of Flight
- Aircraft Technical and General
- Aviation Legislation and operations
- Flight Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Restricted Radio course
The course duration is between 3-5 months when doing it full time.
8 subjects to be completed with a minimum pass mark of 75%. For each subject, you will be required to complete the groundschool course, this will provide you with the required knowledge and understanding of the subjects to pass the online examinations which have a minimum pass-mark of 75%.